US Synthetic Mining makes the longest lasting and most technically advanced roof-bolting products on the market. US Synthetic Mining offers a proven track record of performance—delivering unmatched durability and toughness from the easiest to the most difficult roof-bolting conditions. US Synthetic Mining manufactures its own polycrystalline diamond (PCD) material and finishes each part to exact specifications to give customers the confidence that their high-performance product will hold up under the most demanding conditions.
US Synthetic Mining understands that meeting our customers' exact needs is crucial to business success and delivering a quality product. That's why we are dedicated to developing a close working relationship with each customer -- providing research and development of the highest standards. To ensure product quality is met, our engineering teams do extensive, rigorous testing in our state-of-the-art, in-house testing facility. This ensures that the best products are developed for our customers, through extensive performance and field. By measuring the results of these tests, our engineering team can better ensure that our customers receive the best ceramic (diamond) products for their roof-bolting applications.
Experienced Engineering and Research
To ensure that the best products are delivered to our customers, our experienced engineering team utilizes a state-of-the-art research and testing facility. Our research environment includes a full metallurgical lab, an advanced computer-aided design center, and a sophisticated testing lab. These facilities allow our scientists and engineers to:
- Create and optimize new roof-bolt bit designs using the latest solid modeling software
- Model and analyze the thermal and mechanical performance of ceramic (diamond) material under simulated drilling conditions using finite element analysis tools
- Quickly build prototype roof-bolt bits in a dedicated R&D environment
- Evaluate roof-bolt bits using scanning acoustic microscopy (C-SAM), optical and scanning electron microscopy, and metallurgical analysis
- Monitor and improve roof-bolt bit performance with abrasion, impact resistance, and vertical turret lathe (VTL) testing
At US Synthetic Mining, all of these advanced research, development, and testing capabilities come together to produce the most advanced, innovative, and effective ceramic (diamond) material in the world. For more information on US Synthetic Mining roof-bolt tools, contact us today or read more about our technology advantage.